Sweet Potato Stack
When it comes to keeping our menu light and fresh for summer, we’re always on the hunt for original salads, so of course the Sweet Potato Stack on UCOOK‘s menu this week caught our eye. Part raw, part roasted and topped with crunchy, sticky seeds, it’s ideal for those Monday and Tuesday night dinners when our resolve to eat consciously is at its strongest. With this dish, we loved how the raw salad topping really brought the dish to life. It complemented the softness in the sweet potato beautifully and added that lovely fresh element.
First off, we cut our sweet potatoes into rounds instead of wedges. This made us feel a little fancier with the plating and served as a great vehicle for all the toppings. When sprinkling over our paprika before roasting, we decided to add a little extra to really enhance the sweetness of the roast potato and balance out the honey added to the seeds.
Then onto the seeds: we found it easier to lay the sticky mixture flat on a baking dish – this allowed them to harden separately instead of in a clump, making them easier to plate.
Overall this dish was really lovely – the yogurt dressing added that little bit of creaminess while the overall simplicity of the recipe made us want to make it on a slightly larger scale for our next dinner party.
Order yours here! And don’t forget to head to Instagram to enter our Happy Culture competition from last week. You haven’t got long.
- 400g Whole Sweet Potato, cut into rounds
- 1tsp Paprika
- 2tbsp Honey
- 50ml Mixed Seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and; linseed)
- 40g Radish, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2-3 Small Carrots (150g), julienned
- 1-2 Medium Beetroots (150g), julienned
- 1 Apple, grated
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 50ml Yoghurt
- 1/2 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 40g Rocket
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius and prepare a greased or tinfoil lined baking tray.
- Scrub clean and trim (each) sweet potato. Then cut them into 2cm thick rounds, leaving
the skin on and place them on the baking tray. Drizzle with some olive oil, sprinkle over the
paprika, and season with salt and pepper making sure to toss until well coated.
- Once your oven is hot, roast your sweet potatoes for about 20-25 minutes until golden. They should be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Check on them every 10 minutes and turn them over if they are catching.
- While your sweet potatoes are roasting heat the honey in a microwavable container
for 10-20 seconds, until nice and runny, add your mixed seeds stirring quickly until all seeds are fully coated. Lay out on a platter or baking dish until serving.
- Place your julienned carrot and beetroot in a large bowl, add your coarsely grated apple and mixed through. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well combined. Set aside for serving.
- De-seed and finely chop your chilli (to your heat preference). Mix together the yoghurt, a squeeze of
lemon and chilli. Season to taste and set aside until serving. Rinse your rocket.
To serve: Arrange the sweet potato wedges on a plate and drizzle over the yoghurt dressing. Top
with the raw salad ingredients and crumble over your sticky seed mix. Scatter over the rocket, drizzle
with some olive oil and add some additional lemon juice and seasoning if required. Enjoy!